This morning the famous Korean company well know it as Samsung announced that they have develop and test the first fast wireless network in the world “5G mmWave Mobile Technology”. According to the press release, Samsung’s “5G” technology enables “data transmission at speeds higher than 1Gbps” that’s over 10 times faster than current LTE speeds. But why they have develop this new wireless network and what are their plans for this?
Samsung Secures Millimeter-Wave Transceiver Technologies
The implementation of a high-speed 5G cellular network requires a broad band of frequencies, much like an increased water flow requires a wider pipe. While it was a recognized option, it has been long believed that the millimeter-wave bands had limitations in transmitting data over long distances due to its unfavorable propagation characteristics.
However, Samsung’s new adaptive array transceiver technology has proved itself as a successful solution. It transmits data in the millimeter-wave band at a frequency of 28 GHz at a speed of up to 1.056 Gbps to a distance of up to 2 kilometers. The adaptive array transceiver technology, using 64 antenna elements, can be a viable solution for overcoming the radio propagation loss at millimeter-wave bands, much higher than the conventional frequency bands ranging from several hundred MHz to several GHz.
Samsung plans to accelerate the research and development of 5G mobile communications technologies, including adaptive array transceiver at the millimeter-wave bands, to commercialize those technologies by 2020.
Samsung Draws the World Closer to New Era of Mobile Communications
Samsung’s latest innovation is expected to invigorate research into 5G cellular communications across the world; the company believes it will trigger the creation of international alliances and the timely commercialization of related mobile broadband services.
The competition for technology leadership in next-generation mobile communications development is getting increasingly fierce. China established a government-led “IMT-2020 (5G) Promotion Group” for 5G research in February 2012, while the European Commission also plans to invest 50 million Euros in 2013 to bring 5G services to the market by 2020.
Once commercialized, 5G mobile communications technology will be capable of ultra-high-speed data transmission up to several hundred times faster than even the 4G LTE-Advanced technology due for launch later this year.
Samsung’s new technology will allow users to transmit massive data files including high quality digital movies practically without limitation. As a result, subscribers will be able to enjoy a wide range of services such as 3D movies and games, real-time streaming of ultra high-definition (UHD) content, and remote medical services.
5G Technology Features
- 5G technology offer high resolution for crazy cell phone user and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- The advanced billing interfaces of 5G technology makes it more attractive and effective.
- 5G technology also providing subscriber supervision tools for fast action.
- The high quality services of 5G technology based on Policy to avoid error.
- 5G technology is providing large broadcasting of data in Gigabit which supporting almost 65,000 connections.
- 5G technology offer transporter class gateway with unparalleled consistency.
- The traffic statistics by 5G technology makes it more accurate.
- Through remote management offered by 5G technology a user can get better and fast solution.
- The remote diagnostics also a great feature of 5G technology.
- The 5G technology is providing up to 25 Mbps connectivity speed.
- The 5G technology also support virtual private network.
- The new 5G technology will take all delivery service out of business prospect
- The uploading and downloading speed of 5G technology touching the peak.
- The 5G technology network offering enhanced and available connectivity just about the world